Personal Information Protection Policy
Based on the recognition that the personal information of our customers and all those related to our business activities (including shareholders and employees, hereinafter collectively referred to as "you") must be handled properly and carefully under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and the principle of respecting individual personality (privacy protection), and that such information is closely related to not only compliance but also personal rights and interests, VISION Inc. ("the Company") hereby pledges with regard to its handling of personal information as follows:
- The Company shall properly handle any personal information in compliance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, related guidelines in the fields of finance and industry, and other relevant laws and regulations, as well as practices with regard to handling of personal information that are generally accepted as fair and reasonable. Further, the Company shall continuously endeavor to improve its handling of personal information.
- The Company shall clarify the rules for handling of personal information and ensure that its employees, etc. comply with such rules. Further, the Company shall request its business partners, etc. to handle personal information properly.
- In acquiring any personal information, the Company shall define and notify or announce the purpose of use, and handle personal information in accordance with such purpose of use.
- In handling personal information, the Company shall in principle determine the period of retaining the information within the range necessary for the purpose of use, and shall, unless permitted otherwise by law, promptly delete the personal information after the specified retention period has elapsed or when the purpose of use is achieved.
- The Company shall take necessary measures to prevent leakage, loss, falsification, etc. of personal information to ensure proper management.
- The Company shall, through its specified office, faithfully respond to requests for disclosure, correction, deletion or suspension of use of your personal information it possesses.
2. Proper handling of personal information taking into account the nature and scale of business
The Company will use the personal information it acquires as necessary for the businesses it conducts for the purposes listed below.
To facilitate smooth business operations, the Company may outsource a part of its operations and provide the outsourcee with personal information within the necessary scope. In such case, the Company shall conclude an agreement on the handling of personal information with the said outsourcee and take other measures to ensure proper supervision.
- (1)Purpose of use
- To provide products and services in the Company's businesses* that involve handling of personal information
- To provide after-sales services relevant to the above
- To charge and collect payments of various fees related to the Company's businesses and other relevant operations, and to protect receivables (including the case of entrusting the handling of personal information for charging or collection of various fees)
- To examine or develop new products and services related to the Company's businesses
- To release information concerning the above products and services
- To provide employees with education and training to improve their sales or solicitation skills
- For market research or other surveys related to the Company's businesses
- To launch prize awards or special campaigns
- To prepare statistics for management analysis and use the analysis results
- To respond to requests for disclosure, etc. pursuant to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, as well as to supervise and audit the handling of personal information
- For activities related to CSR (corporate social responsibility)
- To manage contract relations with business partners
- To manage shareholders
To exercise the rights or perform obligations pursuant to the Companies Act
To provide various benefits according to the status of shareholders
To implement various measures to facilitate smooth relationships between the Company and shareholders from the standpoints of an association and its members
To prepare data of shareholders in accordance with specific standards pursuant to various laws and regulations
- For employment (including recruiting) of employees, etc. and personnel management
- For the welfare and benefits of employees, etc. (including notification and operation of welfare and benefit plans, etc.)
- To manage facilities and devices
- For shared use described in (2) below
- For provision to third parties for the purposes described in (3) below
- Other purposes within the scope necessary to perform operations related to any of the above
Sales and intermediation of sales of cellphones, intermediation for Internet-related services such as installing ADSL, optical fiber, or Internet connections
- Intermediation for the My Line service and other landline services
- Website business
- Intermediation for ADSL, optical fiber or Internet connections or other Internet-related services using websites, intermediation of the My Line or other landline services, intermediation for sales of office equipment
- Internet advertising business
- Intermediation for various Internet advertising, sales of websites created by the Company
- (2) Shared use
- To facilitate smooth business operations, the Company will share with its parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates the names, company names, contacts and other information of its customers obtained through telephone conversations with them. The purposes of shared use with the Company's parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates include, besides the purposes of use of the Company alone, the office equipment business for the sales of copiers, multifunction printers, telephones, computers and other office equipment and tools, the shop business for the sales and intermediation of sales of cellphones and handling of various credit card payments, the insurance business, the Internet advertising business, and the Internet business for management of rental servers, mobile contents services and portal websites; and the Company shall be responsible for management of said information.
- The Company will share within the Company Group the personal information of its employees, etc. related to managing their employment, such as name, date of birth, gender, face photo, family, department, education and training, skills, qualifications, evaluation, job experience, academic background, career plan, and contact address, for the purpose of personnel management and raising work morale. The Company shall be responsible for managing said information.
- (3) Provision to third parties
- If any debtor fails to pay any fee related to any business of the Company after its due date or has a conflict with the Company over unpaid amounts or delayed payment, the Company may provide other business operators involved in said business of the Company with the name, address and date of birth of the debtor, and, in the case of a conflict, the details of the conflict for the purpose of preventing non-payment of the fees related to the Company's business. The Company shall be responsible for managing such personal information handled by the Company.
- If any debtor fails to pay any fee related to any business of the Company after its due date, the Company may assign the accounts receivable for the delayed payment to a third party and provide the assignee with the name, address, date of birth, the amount of the unpaid fee and other relevant information of the debtor for the purpose of collecting the delayed payment.
- For the purpose of conducting due diligence (investigation of business) at the time of business restructuring, merger, organizational reform or transfer of business, the Company may provide personal information to those who are in charge of such due diligence.
3. Disclosure or provision to third parties
The Company will not disclose or provide personal information to any third party except when providing it to the outsourcee described in this Policy, using it for any of the purposes specified in 2. (3) above, or in any of the cases below.
- When your consent is obtained
- When disclosing or providing the information in a form with which you will not be identified, such as statistical data
- When disclosure or provision is required by law
- When disclosure or provision is necessary to protect human life, body or property, and when it is difficult to obtain your consent
- When disclosure or provision is necessary to cooperate with a national or municipal government or organization for the performance of public operations, and when obtaining your consent may interfere with the performance of such operations
4. Procedure for disclosure
Regarding the personal data possessed by the Company, if you request disclosure of your own information, the Company will respond to your request in a written form within a reasonable period and scope, after confirming your identity. We may not respond to your request for disclosure because of a law or regulation.
5. Correction, deletion, etc.
Regarding the personal data possessed by the Company, if you request correction, addition or deletion with respect to your information, the Company will correct, add or delete any part of the information that is found to be incorrect within a reasonable period and scope, after confirming your identity.
6. Suspension of use, erasure
Regarding the personal data possessed by the Company, if you request suspension of use or erasure of your information and in any of the cases below, the Company will suspend use of or erase the information within a reasonable period and scope in principle, after confirming your identity. When the use of a part or all of such information is suspended or such information is erased, please note that we may become unable to provide the services you require despite our intention to do so. The Company may not respond to your request for suspension of use or erasure of the information possessed pursuant to the Labor Standards Act or other laws.
- When the Company has used your personal information beyond the scope of the purposes of use provided in 2 of this Policy without your consent
- When the Company has acquired said personal information in an illegal or illicit way
- When the Company has illegally disclosed your personal information to a third party
7. Inquiry contact for disclosure, etc.
Please contact the office below for requests described in 4, 5 and 6 above and other inquiries regarding the personal information possessed by the Company. Please note that any requests for disclosure, etc. not made through this contact office may not be accepted.
Address: 5F Shinjuku Island Tower, 6-5-1 Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
VISION Inc. Personal Information Contact Office
The Office is open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm on weekdays*.
* Except on Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, from August 11 to 17, and from December 28 to January 4
8. Supplementary provision
This Personal Information Protection Policy shall take effect on December 1, 2007. The provisions of this Personal Information Protection Policy are subject to change due to establishment, revision, etc. of laws or various guidelines. Any change to this Policy will be released on the website of the Company.